We are expanding our team and are looking for a Data Scientist. Friendly and professional, you will be responsible for developing, new and improving the current, algorithms for our web-based animal behaviour monitoring system.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing new insights from data assets using advanced data science techniques
- Building an understanding of current business problems, and proactively demonstrating how we can solve these using data
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as Data Science, Statistics, AI or Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge developed through training or professional experience.
- At least 1-year’s programming experience (Python)
- Experience with MySQL, including writing and debugging SQL queries
- Practical experience in using linear algebra and statistical tests
- Highly capable in Python
- Experience of data science techniques, including the pragmatic implementation of machine learning, AI and multi-variable analysis techniques
- An understanding of the tools used to deploy advanced techniques including R, Python and Spark
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Have contributions on GitHub/Bitbucket
- Experience of cloud services, such as Azure and Amazon Web Services
- A meticulous and logical mind
- Team worker and a good communicator
- Interest in the dairy industry useful
Competitive salary plus benefits.
Interested? Please send your CV and a short covering letter describing what you could bring to the post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please