Available Summer 2019
2 x Graduate Vacancies
About the Role
Exterity’s Technical Support Team is based in the company’s headquarters in Dalgety Bay, Fife. The team provides global post-sales support to Exterity’s network of partners (resellers and distributors). Together with the broader support team including Solutions Consultants based around the world, the team also assists the global sales team with pre-sales technical enquiries.
Exterity is committed to finding, developing, and retaining an innovative, creative and diverse group of talented and dedicated Graduates who are now wanting to join an award-winning company.
The position of Technical Support Engineer within the Technical Support Team in Dalgety Bay will involve the following on a day to day basis:
- Providing email/telephone support to Exterity’s partners between 8am and 6pm, Monday – Friday.
- Assisting Exterity’s sales team and solutions consultants with pre-sales technical enquiries.
- Troubleshooting problems/answering questions related to:
- Exterity’s products
- Digital video and broadcast TV
- IP networking and IP multicast
- Integration with 3rd party products
- Assisting partners and application developers to integrate with Exterity products using Exterity’s published APIs.
- Writing knowledgebase articles to share information both internally and externally.
The role will also involve the following on an occasional basis:
- Travel (mainly in the UK or Western Europe) in order to assist with equipment installation and/or troubleshooting.
- Out of hours working, sometimes on an on-call rota.
You are likely to be studying towards or have achieved a technical degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics or a related discipline.
The ideal candidate will meet many of the below criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Networking or related field
- Good general skills in computing and technology
- Knowledge of IP network-based products and IP networking solutions
- Knowledge of digital audio/video technologies
- Skills in software, shell scripting and/or web development
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- The ability to build customer relationships
- The desire and commitment to provide great customer service
What we offer
In addition to working with leading edge technologies and being part of our talented and collaborative team, our engineers will also benefit from:
- Learning and development – working in small teams of around 5 people, our engineers will be working on various projects, creating endless opportunities for you to learn and grow your knowledge and experience.
- Career development – our growing Company creates opportunities for each member of our team, so there’s plenty of potential for development.
- Share in our success – Our engineers efforts will be rewarded, check out: //www.exterity.com/early-careers/what-we-offer
- Flexibility – We recognise that great ideas can come at any time, so we have flexible working hours to help support this.
Don’t see anything that’s right for you? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you and may have other opportunities coming along in the future.
Founded in 2001, Exterity is firmly established as the global leader in enterprise IP video technology and is the only vendor to deliver truly end-to-end IPTV and Digital Signage solutions that help organizations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain.
Exterity is a global company with Headquarters in United Kingdom and offices in London, Paris, Dubai, South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.
Our Scottish headquarters is in Dalgety Bay, Fife, just off the A90, a 2-minute walk from the train station or a short drive from Edinburgh.
How To Apply
Please provide Exterity with your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com before our closing date 1st December 2018.
Exterity is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone who considers themselves suitably qualified or experienced.